Before contacting your Automatic Filling Machines
supplier, properly prepare yourself. By making a list of requirements, you can speed up the buying process substantially.
1. Create a flow chart of your production line.
2. Write down the specifications for your new packaging equipment.
3. What kind of containers and closures will you be using? What are they made of, and what are their dimensions?
4. What liquids will you be dispensing? List all their characteristics, including their expected shelf life.
5. Measure the amount of space you have available in your plant for your filling machine. Include doorways, hallways, and elevators that have to be used when moving the equipment into your building.
6. Determine the speed you require. Do you want 500 bottles filled in an hour, or 9,000?
7. Mention how many staff you can spare to operate the machine.
8. If you are familiar with any technical aspects of filling machines, list your preferences.
Forward this data, as well as any other requirements you may have, to the Automatic Filling Machines manufacturer. With all this information at hand, the selection process will be much easier, and you will also vastly increase your chances on getting the right equipment, first time around.